What is supply chain management?
Supply chain management is the management of the circulation of raw materials, finished goods, and related information between participants in the supply chain, including suppliers. , the business itself, the distributor and the consumer.
Supply chain management diagram
What are the task in supply chain management?
The job of a supply chain manager is to link the activities of suppliers, purchasing agents, consumers, and other participants in the supply chain, so that the transportation of raw materials The materials match the company's production schedule, the finished product is delivered to the consumer at the right time, in the right quantity, and the company's marketing department collects the necessary information during the operation. supply chain. That task will include tasks such as:
- Predict the number of finished products to be produced, the amount of raw materials to be purchased.
- Collect, synthesize, store and arrange information of suppliers, distribution agents.
- Plan the production schedule with the appropriate schedule according to the number of orders.
- Inventory management, warehouse.
- Manage the transportation of materials and goods.